|here's to maggie and tradition and not getting my work done, ever.
||[Dec. 31st, 2007|10:47 am]
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?|
saw a Broadway show, had a knish, lived all by myself, yoga, smoked pot, vb haircut, full time job, learned (learning) stick shift, started a blog, saw rocky horror, made the switch from pc to mac, went to bars in canada, did a craigslist rideshare, saw a movie by myself, received a bachelor's degree, produced an original play, finally got props for Monstrous Little from the dean of CCS, filmed by French TV, saw the original theatrical release of the Star Wars trilogy, rode in the trunk of a car for six hours, crowned a princess at Disneyland, became the party captain, ate fire
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolution, and will you make more for next year?
If there's anything I need to make resolutions about, I purposely choose to not make them on January 1st. I never understood why January 1st was a marker for choosing to change your habits, as if that was the only day you could flip an on/off switch in your brain. Life operates more like a dimmer switch anyway.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Almost. He was almost close to me and he almost died.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
financial freedom. traveling to foreign countries. a driver's license. canada. time. cupcakes. adventure.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
becoming financially independent of my parents. yay.
9. What was your biggest failure?
i don't really fail. or maybe it's that i don't think of anything i do as failing. same difference.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
nope. beacon of health. go immune system.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
my macbook. times a thousand.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Kimya Dawson. Hero status.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
oh lots of people.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent for my hella cute apartment. Worth every penny.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Coconut chai, freebirds nachos, midnights at carrow's, camp glory, ice cream runs, mole chips!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
On the Radio, Regina Spektor. This Year, the Mountain Goats. Nothing Matters When We're Dancing, the Magnetic Fields. The Beer, Kimya Dawson. Doin the Butt, EU.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a.happier or sadder? um.
b.thinner or fatter? thinner.
c.richer or poorer? richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Drugs. I mean dancing.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Snitching. Oh wait, that's what I wish Naomi had done less of.
20. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
tearin it up old school
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I fell into something.
22. How many one-night stands?
Is too many a number?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
the office. oh, and the best years.
24. Did you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Oh lots of people I'm sure.
25. What was the best book you read?
Hope in the Dark by Rebecca Solnit.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
This is probably the first year I really started hearing music and not just listening to it because living alone was the first time in my life when I could freely choose how I wanted to fill the silence and it was really awkward and confusing at first because I didn't know there was a difference. So this might sound a little ridiculous, but my greatest musical discovery was the act of discovering it.
27. What did you want and get?
28. What was your favorite film of the year?
Juno, hands down.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to Disneyland with Sveta (it was her first time!), wore a paper crown all day, got in the front seat of every ride by telling them it was my birthday, danced and twirled my way around tomorrowland, watched two fireworks shows, got motion sickness on the star wars ride, wielded a light saber keychain, caught the afternoon parade, ate a Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream bar, and met Princess Jasmine. I turned 22.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
nothing in particular, just more of the good stuff, less of the bad stuff.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
32. What kept you sane?
Phone cards to call Canada.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Issues surrounding immigration, Central and Latin America. So much injustice, it's heartbreaking. Learning and understanding globalization in general and discovering how I feel about it. Thank you, Ralph.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
learning to simultaneously live in the moment and live for the future, the difference between magic tricks and magical, to accept things as they are before you can change them, that simple and easy are not the same thing, and that not everyone was born to save the world.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"It's me, snitches."